Monday, June 27, 2011

Phase 2 ~ Change is Coming

Here it is Monday, again.  I promised myself I would post an update at least once a week.  So here goes!

This week has seen a lot of outward change, at least not that one could see with the eye.  I am beginning to notice an inward change at how I look at “things.”  Included in the word “things”:

My relationship with our Heavenly Father, the Great I Am (and as was recently pointed out, when God said, “I Am” what He was really saying is, “you’re not”), the Alpha and Omega, The First and the Last, the Creator of the Universe, and the ONE who still delights when I call HIM, Abba (Papa).

My relationship with my spouse of 38 years; how has he endured me for so long?  He is the love of my life.

It includes my relationship with our grown children and the two still at home. 

It includes my grandchildren and our inter-action with each of them….all eleven.

And it includes my relationship with food and my relationship with money.

Change is always difficult, but it is often necessary.  For me, it is necessary!

All of this is about getting my life in order.  I mean, if not now at my age, when?



“But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.”  Isaiah 40:31

Change #1

First and foremost, I feel the need to draw closer to Jehovah (GOD), because I know when that relation is what it should be, everything else will fall into place.

“And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.”  Revelation 21:5

It is my plan to spend at least 2 hours and 40 minutes with the LORD each day.  This can include, reading/studying the scriptures, praying, praising, or performing a task He asked me to do.

It is a tithe of my time.  I owe it to HIM.

Change #2

I am going to start and do intermittent fasting.  I already do this on Thursday evenings and Friday through the day.  This isn’t about loosing the weight (although, hopefully that will be a side benefit), rather it is about getting this body into submission. 

I am sure other changes will come and they will (I pray) have a positive affect on all areas of my life.

All that is pretty serious and it is probably enough for one session.  I’ll try to post twice during the coming week.  This is my sounding board and you are the ones who will hold me accountable (or hopefully you will once I make this portion of the blog a little more public).

Blessings,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment